9連休明けの最初の投稿は、Dan Gilmore 氏の来日講演について
銀座のアップルストアの 3F にて、今聴いているところ。Wireless が使えるようなのでリアルタイムでメモを残してみる。チェックしてないのでスペルがめちゃくちゃだと思うがご容赦。
– resigned SJ Mercury Jan, 2005
– now doing two things
– FT freelance column fortnightly
– glassroots inc. status
– bayosphere site
– some other things
– former blog
lots of trolls
required valid e-mail address
not like ohmynews(korea), which involves professional team editors
bayosphere does not touch the posts to avoid us law
civil journalists have to sign a certain agreement
Q political activities permissions are different between US and
Japan, what can be applied described in We The Media for US
Q what is needed for blog becomes journalism
not all do not have to be.
Q what do you think about the potential of blog journalism?
could be equal to the mainstream journalism
bloggers will be able to file things which mas media can not find or take
Q will blog media overhelm magazines industry?
do not think so
most blogs’ value are for thier 15 close family and friends
magazines are very big industry supported by advertisement
Q what is going to happen on mainstream journalism by emerging individual journalism by blogs?
hope not diminishing
promlems is that their business models are under attack from new net services
newspaper depended on classified advertising
ebay, craigslist, judysbook(seattle), monster.com are erasing classifieds from newspapaer
Q are we able to have public journalism in Japan?
– better ask Japanese audience. raise your hand if you think yes.
(audience) not many raised for “yes”
– press club closeness
DG- i do not have a press badge, but still I can write
Q what is the definition of journalism?
– it’s hazy. not clear to tell in short
– critics about existing news
– news, forming people
even writing about cerebrities
– jeff jervis(sp?)
children ballet news for small local community
this is journalism
– in wide, if you record something, that is journalism
Q will blog be profitable enough to feed journalists?
– i do not think that it would cover many.
– in the long run, some will earn, some not
– vast majority will not, but some may establish their authority by blog
Q how about lemming effect by people jumping to the wrong information?
– everyone feels confortable when reading something affirm you believe
– comments are challenges
– may make you feel angry
朝日新聞社から、We the Media の日本語訳「ブログ」が 8 月に出版された。